dimanche 10 avril 2016

Extraterrestrial exploration: Get on board the ISS with awesome 360 tour (VIDEO)

Extraterrestrial exploration: Get on board the ISS with awesome 360 tour (VIDEO)

© NASA
Each week the European Space Agency (ESA) offers a virtual 360 degree tour of the ISS that gives viewers an in-depth look into each module attached to the space station (and there are a lot of them).
Featured this week is Harmony (Node 2) which holds the crew quarters where astronauts sleep. After hitting play on the video, you can click and drag the viewpoint around the space station. 
An even more interactive 360 tour of the ISS, inviting viewers to click on various links to find out more about life onboard, is hosted on the ESA website.
© International Space Station
The particularly interesting ones come from the toilet tour in the Zvezda module of the ISS - as shown above - where urine is turned into water.
Zvezda also carries the crew’s ‘dining table’ which is just as technical as you would expect for dinner on board a space station.

The exercise bike in Destiny looks like more awkward effort than it’s worth given that the astronauts have to strap themselves to the device and battle the lack of gravity to pump those pedals.
© International Space Station
The images were captured by ESA astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti in June 2015 before she left the ISS after spending 199 days on board.

18 commentaires:

  1. I have always been intrigued and fascinated by the ISS orbiting around our world. I have even tracked it several times when it has passed over the area where I live. I was unaware of this virtual 360 degree tour of the ISS. Thank you for sharing this information!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. So great! Seen that video before but it's always great to watch it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I didn't know about these virtual tour made by ESA and I think this is a great opportunity to make more and more people fall in love with the space and what is beyond this planet. Thank you for sharing this!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. There were a few pictures and videos released on the space too.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I'm an engineer so space exploration and the equipment used to achieve it is amazing to me!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Oh wow ! I think that this is one of the best invention on earth! But I could never do it myself (even as an exercice, I think)

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. This is sooo cool! Had no idea that these virtual tours were available for people to check out! Awesome. Thanks for sharing this!

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. I love the concept of a virtual tour. Engineering and the elements of space have always fascinated me!

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. I just love having a virtual tour. Feels like Im there but not there. I can't wait to see more pictures from space

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. great post and video, feels like i'm actually there since I won't be going into space any time soon.

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. This looks like a great initiative. Virtual tour looks promising for school kids which would be a great way of learnin life abd equipments in space.

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. I love its activities. I guess it's a good move for those people who are fascinated with these stuff.

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. So intriguing and interesting!! Great post xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. Its such a mind boggling topic. The universe is so big and unexplainable. Pretty cool post

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. Wow this was a really interesting read. Especially the video.

    RépondreSupprimer
  16. Haha - that exercise bike looks awesome. I'd love to visit this place.

    RépondreSupprimer
  17. Nice video with your post. I think the entire idea of traveling into space is frightening, but an interesting thought!

    RépondreSupprimer
  18. That's awesome. Space stuff is always so fascinating to me.

    RépondreSupprimer